Sunday, October 2, 2011

Water

Today I was in the desert working out and the one thing I forgot was my water! Don't ask me how this happened, because I really can't say how I came to be in the desert, about 40 miles from any decent water, and neglected to bring any. But, after my workout, (shorter than I had anticipated for obvious reasons) I reflected on the importance of water to our lives.

We all know that we need water to survive. We all know that our bodies are predominantly made of water. But there are a few things most of us do not know. Water is important to our survival not just for hydration, as in my case of being out in the desert without this life giving fluid, but for many other reasons as well.

For example, did you know water can actually help you lose weight? Water helps metabolize fat!

Water flushes excess salts and toxins from your body, thus allowing you to lose water weight and clean your system.

Unfortunately, in this world, water is rate. Most of us tend to drink juice, milk, tea, coffee, soda, beer, wine, energy drinks, and anything else under the sun except the one pure fluid that our cells need. Drinking many of these fluids actually will cause you to lose more water than you gain, keeping you in a state of perpetual dehydration, slowing down your metabolism, and not allowing your body to flush out.

So please, when you are out, remember your water. In the long run, your body will thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment